Green Leaf Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon Links

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon Links Empty Forza Horizon Links

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:05 am

Since E3 Turn 10 have been very tight lipped about the upcoming Forza Horizon game so I thought I'd have a look round and see what I could find.

First 2 are from OXM discussing some of the cool in game features and what to expect. (Spoiler Alert!!! although you can upgrade your cars and paint them like you could in previous Forza games there will not be an option to tune the cars, this might seem like a negative thing but then again how often did you tune a car on Forza to go off-road, then onto tarmac and then onto a dusty desert?)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/43800/features/forza-horizon-forza-4-cross-over-crazy-upgrades-off-road-racing/

http://www.oxm.co.uk/44472/previews/forza-horizon-xbox-360s-grandest-racer-shows-its-playful-side/

Next up is one from Topgear.com This ones a little bit daft but it gives you a car lovers perspective of the game.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/forza-motorsport-forza-horizon-gallery-2012-06-18

I'll be looking around some more so stay tuned

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon Links Empty Re: Forza Horizon Links

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

This has just been posted on FM.net

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Horizon_VIP_Cars/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 am

Just found out some info which might please some people. Forza Horizon will only be upto 8 players which for this sort of game is perfect Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR1FastRedneck Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:55 am

No tuning...all driver...I love it!!
GLR1FastRedneck
GLR1FastRedneck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:07 am

That was exactly my thinking. How good would a spec series be were everyone has got the same build and setup?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am

There are no race tracks, its all open road. Can't do a racing series with that kind of garbage. I hope you enjoy wasting $60, you should save it and buy F1 2012 so we could do an open wheel series finally or wait until Project CARS comes out next year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Who says you can't race on an open road. I do it all the time IRL. Razz LOL

F1? Good luck with that stuff, hope you can find more than 1 or 2 to race with. Are you gonna start a F1 Challenge forum 'cause the FMC is Forza. Wink

Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Once Project CARS comes out it won't be. haha

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR1FastRedneck Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:20 pm

The article says quote: "There's also online circuit racing, point-to-point, night racing, all that good stuff. Also the playground style games from Forza 3 and 4."
We should be able to series with no probs.
GLR1FastRedneck
GLR1FastRedneck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 pm

The circuits are going to be made from the roads in the game. Bottom line, Forza Horizon is going to be the worst game ever. haha

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon Links Empty Upcoming race nights.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Handbags away guys lol! lol! lol!

I'll be getting these four games on there release dates: F1 2012, Forza Horizon, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Project Cars.

Instead of creating a series for each of them, how about we all just get together on the saturday after there release date and have a private race session no qualifying, no race liveries, no signups.
Just everyone jumps in and we race together.

F1 2012 US 18th September. UK 21st September. Race night 22nd of September.

Edit!!!
WRC 3 US Unconfirmed again!!!!! Crying or Very sad UK 12th October. (Forgot about about this one)

Forza Horizon US 23rd October. UK 26th of October. Race Night 27th of October.

Need for speed most wanted US 30th of October. UK 2nd of November. Race Night 3rd of November.

Project Cars TBA

Last edited by GLR Nelly75 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:08 pm

I already have Need For Speed Most Wanted, it was for the original xbox, I also have Most Wanted 2. LOL
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:16 pm

This is the new one by Criterion Games Midnight it uses the same engine as Burnout Revenge and Hot Pursuit.

Back to top Go down

Post  BOOST Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 pm

i think that project cars game will end up being another race pro flop.
BOOST
BOOST

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 pm

BOOST wrote:i think that project cars game will end up being another race pro flop.

No chance. It might struggle on the PC version against the popularity of R-Factor 2, GTR 3 and the almighty I-Racing.

But on console it has no contest. GT 5 and Forza 4 can't hold a candle to Project Cars because of how this game is being tested, developed and funded by the community.

The only other sim based racing game that might threaten Project Cars is Assetto Corsa but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Check out my you-tube channel and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ndbrett?feature=mhee

This game is still in the Pre-Beta stage and is still a long way off being finished so it looks a bit rough around the edges also I'm using an older version of Fraps to record my videos so don't expect to see amazing quality videos.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Whoops apparently Assetto Corsa is only being developed for PC lol!

So I think that pretty much seals the deal for Project Cars then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm

GLR Nelly75 wrote:This is the new one by Criterion Games Midnight it uses the same engine as Burnout Revenge and Hot Pursuit.

Now that look like my kind of game, LOL. Hope I can afford it when it comes out.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Last week in October mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  BOOST Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 pm

GLR Lothar wrote:The circuits are going to be made from the roads in the game. Bottom line, Forza Horizon is going to be the worst game ever. haha

did you forget our motto? "the grassroots of forza" now we actually can live up to it with some grassroots style racing. if it is anything similar to tdu, then you can set up your own courses for multiplayer. Amatuer rally anyone?
BOOST
BOOST

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry this isn't a Forza Horizon post it relates to another Forza 4 DLC pack. I thought the August one was number 12 but that's if you count the Porsche pack. Anyway looks like another great selection coming our way next week.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/September_Pennzoil_Car_Pack/

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Viper58 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 pm

BOOST wrote:i think that project cars game will end up being another race pro flop.

Maybe but I doubt it. I am using it right now and it is actually designated "pre-alpha". It changes week to week but the direction is very sweet. Right now both Nelly and I are in there and Lothar may be soon. It has weather, transitions lighting around the clock, lots of nice tracks (some are still just grey ribbons in the sky which is weird to drive), open wheel cars (not tons of cars yet and unlikely to have as many as Forza but the detail is pretty amazing), it is possible to paint the cars outside of the program at present as the internal editor has not yet been created. As Nelly said it is pretty raw right now but much is planned (full action pits for example). The tuning is more robust including 4 wheel suspension. Anyway it is fascinating to see the game come to life before your eyes with new changes each week. It runs at 60fps on a PC but that will be limited to 30 fps when ported over to consoles due to their limitations.

GLR Viper58
GLR Viper58

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Has anybody else received there bonus forza 4 code for the Challenger 392 for pre-ordering Horizon yet?

I'm currently ranked 43 in the world on the Race to Colorado rivals event with a 01:47.103. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOOST Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 pm

i havent because stupid gamestop is not giving the stupid code out until the stupid game comes out. stupid stupid stupid! Sad
BOOST
BOOST

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Gashi Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:37 am

My wife pre ordered this for me today. She will be sending it out to me as I will be at sea when it launches. Hope it is more than just fluff.

GLR Gashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:49 am

I don't spose we'll really know how the game drives until we get to play some sort of a demo. Got a feeling it's going to be awesome though it's still a Forza game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next