ipad. or new phone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ipad. or new phone

Post  GLR xGlitch Itx on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

i just cant decide, im getting a bit of money soon, and im going to be buying the hubby a new xbox as his is running quite slow lately and its an old white one.... but ive wanted a new phone for ages, and was trying to figure out what phone i wanted and ended up looking for a laptop lol..... but to cut a long story short, i came across a cheap ipad, and cant decide weather to get myself that or get myself a new phone........ or if i get a phone what one to get, im not wanting an iphone tho as i have nephews that are obsessed with angry birds and the phone wil be stolen haha.

HELP?

GLR xGlitch Itx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ipad. or new phone

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I would say get an android phone there much cheaper than I-phones and do exactly the same job.
Whatever money is left put it away somewhere safe, no point wasting it m8.

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm

If I got a phone it would be, most likely a Samsung Galaxy S III. I hear good things about it.

As far as the iPad goes, they are very nice. My daughter bought the wife and I an iPad 2, wifi, 16 gig and it is really a joy to use, takes very nice pictures and video. I do not have one that is dependent on a phone data plan and works very with routers and wifi hotspots. I have noticed that the wireless is a little on the under powered side as compared to a laptop. I can get a signal with my laptop that does not show up on the iPad. I'm sure if I hunted around I could find a utility or something that would allow me to tweak the power output of the wireless card to make it more like the laptop. It is not that great of a differerence but I do see it because I use both side by side. Battery life is very good, I can use it almost all day long without recharging it (depending on how many apps are running and whether or not I have music playing. Wink ) Anything else you want to know wbout it let me know, I'll see what I can help you with.

GLR----#69
FMC----#69
EZT----#69
VM-----#69
IFCA---#69
VTCC1-$420

Green Leaf Racing Administrator
Green Leaf Racing
Midnite Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm

I would go with the new Amazon Kindle Fire HD

Back to top Go down

Post  bargainhunter1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 pm

I bought the wife an Ipad 1st gen 32gb wifi on ebay back in June and it was in great shape and works great. The battery life on it is excellent, and so is the video playback! As a matter of fact she's on it right now! lol The only down fall is it doesn't read Adobe stuff because of Apple and Microsoft conflicts. Also my printer is older so I can't use the printer app to print from it. She loves it though!
bargainhunter1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR Riwaly on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 am

bargainhunter1 wrote:I bought the wife an Ipad 1st gen 32gb wifi on ebay back in June and it was in great shape and works great. The battery life on it is excellent, and so is the video playback! As a matter of fact she's on it right now! lol The only down fall is it doesn't read Adobe stuff because of Apple and Microsoft conflicts. Also my printer is older so I can't use the printer app to print from it. She loves it though!

When the misses is happy? More cheers time to race
GLR Riwaly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bargainhunter1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 am

GLR Riwaly wrote:
bargainhunter1 wrote:I bought the wife an Ipad 1st gen 32gb wifi on ebay back in June and it was in great shape and works great. The battery life on it is excellent, and so is the video playback! As a matter of fact she's on it right now! lol The only down fall is it doesn't read Adobe stuff because of Apple and Microsoft conflicts. Also my printer is older so I can't use the printer app to print from it. She loves it though!

When the misses is happy? More cheers time to race
It sure doesn't hurt when she's occupied with some sort of electronic gadget! lol!
bargainhunter1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 pm

bargainhunter1 wrote:It sure doesn't hurt when she's occupied with some sort of electronic gadget! lol!

Hmmm, that brings to mind some things I won't mention. What a Face Twisted Evil

GLR----#69
FMC----#69
EZT----#69
VM-----#69
IFCA---#69
VTCC1-$420

Green Leaf Racing
Midnite Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GLR xGlitch Itx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm

haha. im happy with any gadgets aslong as the hubby leaves me alone to play with them, hes worse than my nephews with stealing my stuff.

ive always been a lover of nokias, and was seriously considdering the lumia 800. has anyone used one before?

and as for the ipad i think the hubby may be getting me one for xmas Wink because he tends to argree to things for the head peice and i got him f1 yesturday so going to give him a headache later, until i get things that i want Wink lol

GLR xGlitch Itx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnite Rider on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah, I think you would be happier with an iPad than a Kindle Fire HD, that thing only has a 7" screen. But I guess that is fine if you are used to working with small equipment. Wink LOL

GLR----#69
FMC----#69
EZT----#69
VM-----#69
IFCA---#69
VTCC1-$420

Green Leaf Racing
Midnite Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down